People have been looking for ways to escape the current air quality. Around the Bay Area, some cities have started smoke relief centers. Check your local community parks and recreation center websites to see what locations are open. Make sure to wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
- Bascom Community Center, 1000 S. Bascom Ave., noon to 6 p.m. (Saturday) and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Sunday)
- Tully Community Branch Library, 880 Tully Road, noon to 6 p.m. (Saturday) and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Sunday)
- 81st Street Library, 1021 81st Ave., 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Saturday, Sunday)
- St. Vincent de Paul, 2272 San Pablo Ave., 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Saturday, Sunday)
- Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave., noon to 7 p.m. (Saturday, Sunday)
- North Oakland Senior Center, 5714 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, noon to 5 p.m. (Saturday, Sunday)
- Main, 100 Larkin St., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Saturday) and 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Sunday)
- Chinatown, 1135 Powell St., 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m (Saturday, Sunday)
- Mission Bay, 960 4th St, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m (Saturday, Sunday)
- SE Community Facility, 1800 Oakdale Ave., entrance on Phelps Street, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m (Saturday, Sunday)
- Mitchell Park Community Center in the El Palo Alto Room, September 14-18 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Community Activities Building 1400 Roosevelt Ave, Redwood City 94061 10:00am-7:00pm (Monday)
- Redwood Shores Library, Community Room 399 Marine Parkway, Redwood City 94065 (Safe space only. The Library Area is not open).