Changes are coming to Lake Merritt due to an increase in large gatherings over the weekends. These restrictions are valid now until November.
According to Fox KTVU, these restrictions include:
- Closing Lakeshore Avenue in the southbound direction from MacArthur Boulevard to Hanover Avenue between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. on weekends. The center lane will remain closed, but the northbound lane will be open
- Limiting access on the Lakeshore Avenue cul-de-sac to residents living on the cul-de-sac or people going to the church
- Closing El Embarcadero in both directions to allow room for vendors
- Closing the Lakeview Library parking lot
- Not allowing through traffic on Bellevue Avenue, Ellita, and Staten avenues
- Restricting parking on Lakeshore Avenue between MacArthur Boulevard and East 18th Street, Grand Avenue between Bellevue and El Embarcadero and Bellevue Avenue on the lakeside from Perkins to Grand.
Vendors may contact the Oakland Black Vendors Association to receive a permit in the future. However, for the time being, food vending, alcohol and cannabis sales will not be permitted.
Get all the details here.
Photo Source: Getty Images