Get ready for another round of Golden State Stimulus checks!
The Golden State Stimulus II, slated to begin payments in September 2021, has expanded and includes people who were not eligible for the first round. To qualify, you must meet the following:
- Filed 2020 taxes
- Have a California Adjusted Gross Income of $1-$75,000
- Have wages $75,000 or less
- Be a California resident for more than half of the 2020 tax year
- Be a California resident on the date payment is issued
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer
Those who qualify will receive payment as a direct deposit or check, depending on how you received your refund when filing your 2020 taxes.
According to the Federal Tax Board, "The Golden State Stimulus aims to Support low and middle income Californians and help those facing a hardship due to COVID-19."
Get more information here.