Since COVID, the demand on food banks and food programs has sky-rocketed with nearly triple the number of people needing their services.
Your monetary donation with any of our partners will go a long way to helping the hundreds of thousands of your neighbors in need. And if you aren't able to make a cash donation, all these food banks are in need of volunteers.
We have also provided a links to get help if you need food assistance in your community.
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
- Service area: All of Santa Clara and San Mateo counties
- Website shfb.org
- How to get help with food:visit the website https://www.shfb.org/get-food/ or call the Food Connection Hotline: 1-800-984-3663 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- How to donate money: Donate securely online on the website:https://www.shfb.org/give-help/donate-funds/
- How to volunteer:Sign-up on our website:https://www.shfb.org/give-help/volunteer/
Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- Service area: Contra Costa and Solano counties
- How to get help with food:visit https://www.foodbankccs.org/getfoodto find a location near you or call1-855-309-3663 (FOOD) for help and information.
- How to donate:https://www.foodbankccs.org/donate
- How to volunteer:https://foodbankccs.org/volunteer
Redwood Empire Food Bank
- Service area:Sonoma County, Mendocino County, Lake County, Humboldt County, Del Norte County
- How to get help with food:If you are in need of food assistance, visit https://getfood.refb.org for a full list of our distribution sites
- How to donate money:https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/WebLink.aspx?name=redempire&id=89
- How to volunteer:https://refb.org/volunteer-opportunities/
Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Service area:Alameda County
- How to get help with food:To find a location to pick up groceries or a hot meal, community members can call the helpline at 1-510-635-3663 or visit FoodNow.netorComindaAhora.net.
- How to donate:Please consider making a cash donation to ACCFB online athttps://donate.accfb.org
- How to volunteer:Please continuously check the website for volunteer openings.https://www.accfb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
You can also donate food at our Day of Giving event on Saturday, November 14th from 9am - 6pm at Serramonte Mall, Daly City. All food donations benefit the North Peninsula Food Pantry & Dining Center of Daly City
Guidelines for Food Donations:
- Please no expired or so dented that it can't be opened.
- Items we will collect:
- Beans, Pinto, Dry (2# bags)
- Cereal, Dry Unsweetened (12oz and larger boxes)
- Fruit, Canned (15oz cans)
- Macaroni & Cheese (7.25oz boxes)
- Meals, Ready to Eat (13-15oz cans) – includes chili, pasta entrees, hash, soup, etc.
- Peanut Butter (18oz jars) – creamy is preferred as it is safer for young children
- Protein, Canned (distributed by the ounce) – includes corned beef, SPAM, tuna, etc.
- Rice (2# bags)
- Vegetables, Canned (11-15oz cans) – corn, green beans, peas, carrots, etc.