It's the end of an era in many California neighborhoods that will be losing their Toys R Us stores in the coming year. The company announced they were closing 180 stores, with several here in California closing their doors for good. Toys R Us announced their liquidation sale will start Wednesday (Feb 14th). Discounts on items will be as much as 30 percent off, to start. Closures are also set to begin this month and run through mid-April of this year. Check out the list of stores closing in the Bay Area that will be participating in the liquidation sales.
- 3938 Horton, Emeryville CA
- 1400 Gateway Blvd., Fairfield CA
- 2179 Monterey Hwy., E. San Jose CA
- 865 Blossom Hill Rd., San Jose / Almade CA
- 31250 Court House Dr., Union City CA
- 5461 Lone Tree Way, Brentwood CA
- 600 Francisco Blvd., San Rafael CA
- 4505 Century Blvd., Pittsburg CA
- 1330 Fitzgerald, Pinole CA
It's a sad reality that toy stores are dropping like flies but with big competitors like Target, Amazon and Wal-Mart also hawking toys, somethings got to give and it looks like we will be seeing less of Geffrey the Giraffe.