You want it, so we had to make it happen…You can now get Selena’s “Vageen” on your phone as a ringtone!
First step no matter what device you have, download the files here:
“Vageen” download for iPhone (use your computer, explained later)
If you're a tech pro & already know how to turn these into ringtones, then you're all set!! For the rest of us, check out the step-by-step tutorials for both Android and iPhone below this Instagram post from JV:
Ok, now the 'fun' part...following instructions lol. Sorry in advance, but sadly there isn't a magical button to make this happen on any phone in one click. Here's what you need to do on each type of phone:
To get your new “Vageen” tone onto your Android (no computer needed):
- Click the triangle/circle button to the right of the file in Dropbox
- Tap the three-dot symbol above ‘More’ and click ‘Export’
- Select ‘Save to device’ (or it may say ‘internal memory’)
- Save the “Vageen” mp3 to your ‘Ringtones’ folder
To set your ringtone on Android, go to:
- Device Ringtone
- Select the tone, or if you don’t see it in the list press ‘Add’ then select the “Vageen” mp3 file and click done
To get your new “Vageen” tone into iTunes and on your iPhone:
- Download the .m4r tone from the iPhone link above onto your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer (Mac or PC)
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Select the iPhone icon on the top-left, then click ‘Summary’ and scroll down to ‘Options’
- Check the box next to ‘Manually manage music and videos’ and click ‘Apply’
- On your computer, find the “Vageen” tone you just downloaded from the link on thejvshow.com
- Select the “Vageen” file and drag it into the ‘Tones’ section located under ‘On My Device’ towards the bottom of the left side of your iTunes window
- Once the file is in your ‘Tones’ section, if should automatically sync to your phone after you press the ‘Done’ button…you can always hit the ‘Sync’ button first to be safe
To set your ringtone on iPhone, go to:
- Sound & Haptics
- Select your new “Vageen” sound that should now show up in your list of tones
And just like that, after 8 or 12 steps, you have Selena’s “Vageen” on your Android or iPhone. You can use your new favorite tone as a ringtone or as an alert for email, texts, voicemails or any other notification noise.
If you’re still reading this, we need to connect with one of the genius developers to ask them WHYYYY the heck is this so complicated? There’s gotta be a quicker process. Maybe we’ll get it on the iPhone 11….hey, it’s worth a shot!
For now, enjoy!!