The Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit will be happening in San Francisco from November 11 to November 17. For further live map details on closures and check points, you can check the public APEC map here. Full San Francisco exclusion zone procedures can be found here.
There will be multiple street closures throughout the South of Market area in Downtown San Francisco including:
- Nob Hill
- Union Square
- Financial District City Streets
- Freeway ramps and some lanes will be blocked for the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge
Streets surrounding the Moscone Center will also hold pedestrian and vehicle checkpoints which include ID and bag checks. There will be no street parking or Taxi around the Moscone Center, Nob Hill, and Union Square security zones.
Freeways that will be closing from November 13-17 will be:
- 4th Street off-ramp from Eastbound I-80 (leading to the Lower deck of the BB)
- 5thStreet off-ramp from Westbound I-80(from the upper deck of the BB)
San Francisco / Oakland Bay Bridge closures from November 14-17:
- #1 (left) lane on Eastbound I-80 (Lower Deck) and #5 (right) lane on Westbound I-80 (Upper Deck)
- Controlled access to Bay Bridge Ped/Bike Path.
- Treasure Island on-/off-ramps, Fremont Street off-ramp remain open.
Golden Gate Bridge: Closure of NB U.S. 101 - Vista Point off-ramp from November 14 through November 18.
- No access to Dana Bowers Vista Point for vehicles, bicycles, or pedestrians.
- Golden Gate Bridge Pedestrian Path closed at north end of bridge; no pedestrian access from Marin County.
- Bicycle Path on west side of bridge to remain open between Marin County and San Francisco.