Pride 2017 is here and there are so many things going on! Here's what you need to know... FIRST there is a BIG party we're very excited about:
Sit perched above Market Street in the sophisticated Equinox lounge and watch the 47th annual San Francisco Pride Parade roll down Market Street. Mix, mingle and enjoy an incredible day of partying!
Here's what you can expect at this very special VIP Party:
- Open Bar
- Complimentary food
- Pride Parade Viewing
- Live DJ Music + Entertainment
- Gift Bag
Through Equinox's generous sponsorship, 100% of monies raised will support Academy of Friends' mission of benefitting HIV/AIDS Services throughout the Bay Area.
Must be 21+ to attend this event.
Things to know about the Parade:
- The Pride Parade starts at 10:30am and will last until... it's done!
- Seating: you CAN buy tickets to sit in the grandstands... those are $40 (tix info here); BUT, the best 'seats' are always standing along the Parade route. Get there EARLY cause it can get slightly busy
- There will be almost 250 participating groups/contingents. Yes, it takes a while, but it's ALWAYS a blast!
- The parade route runs down Market St. starting at Beale and goes to Eighth St. (see map below).
- Get guaranteed parking here: https://www.parkingpanda.com/san-francisco-lgbt-pride-celebration-parking?ref=sfpride
- Other ways to get to the Parade: http://www.sfpride.org/transit-guide/
San Francisco Dyke March – June 24 @ 5pm - Mission Dolores Park, S.F. More Info: www.thedykemarch.org
Pink Triangle Assembly - June 24 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am - Twin Peaks, Christmas Tree Point Road San Francisco – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: “Many hands make light work.” There are three options to volunteer! Installation: Saturday, June 24th from 7am -10am with CEREMONY at 10:30am which includes elected officials, some Grand Marshals, The SF Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band, and musical theater star Leanne Borghesi. De-Installation: Sunday, June 25th from 4:30pm-8pm (after the parade). More Info: www.thepinktriangle.com.
Trans March – June 23 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco. More Info: www.transmarch.org
Frameline – The San Francisco International LGBTQ Film Festival celebrates over four decades of ground-breaking cinema with 11 days of films that reflect queer stories from across the globe. Featuring critically acclaimed retrospectives, revelatory documentaries, and captivating narratives, Frameline41 runs June 15–25, at theaters in San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland. More Info: Frameline.org
Concert for America - June 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm - The Curran Theatre, 445 Geary St. San Francisco. An evening of entertainment with stars of film, television, music, comedy, and Broadway raising funds for five national organizations working to protect civil rights. Starring Alan Cumming, Jane Lynch, and more. More Info: http://concertsforamerica.com