With fireworks popping off at night, July 4th can be a scary time for your pets!
Here's a list of ways to help keep your pup safe this weekend (according to the NY POST):
- Noise Preparation: Slowly introduce them to loud noises so they're not completely startled on July 4th
- Create a Calm Environment: Give them extra love and figure out a way to keep them comfortable with some of their favorite things or comfort items, like a blanket, toy, or lots of cuddles.
- Anti-Anxiety Methods: Try anti-anxiety vests, sound machines, lavender, etc.
- Identification: Make sure your pets have their collar or ID on. Pets tend to run away on holidays like these, so please take the precaution!
- Check Fences: Double check there aren't any places for your pet to escape in the event they try to run away
- Food: Be weary of the food your pet chows down on. Not everything is beneficial for their health.
- Summer and Heat Safety: Don't forget to keep your pets hydrated and their feet protected from the heat!
Get more information here!